[Wikipedia-l] What would Richard Stallman say?

Tomasz Wegrzanowski taw at users.sf.net
Fri Feb 20 00:49:04 UTC 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 04:40:54PM -0800, Stan Shebs wrote:
> Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
>
> >>There is clearly no consensus to delete images we
> >>have permission to use.
> >>

> >But we obviously don't. I can't legally print it with the article and sell
> >it,
> >so it's not acceptable.
> >
> What makes you so sure about that? Are you a copyright expert, or have you
> gotten a statement to that effect from a copyright expert?

    Maveric149 (Photo of [[Dolly the sheep]] owned by [[Roslin Institute]] obtained
    from http://www.roslin.ac.uk/library/ . This image "...may be used free of charge
    by education, public sector or non-profit making groups

Is there anything unclear about that ?
It's not even a "fair use" stuff, it's plain breaking copyright laws.