[Wikipedia-l] Content partnerships

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Wed Feb 18 11:50:02 UTC 2004

Jimbo has just appointed me "content partnership coordinator" for the
Wikimedia foundation. It's a semi-official function which basically means
that I try to negotiate useful relationships with companies or
organizations who might in some way be interested in distributing our
articles. The benefit for us: backlinks.

I have tried to establish contact with Amazon.com and IMDB. If you have
any other ideas for websites which might be interested in our articles
about
- books
- movies
- CDs
- bands
- people
- places
- unusual sex practices,

especially sites getting a lot of traffic, please let me know. I may also
be able to help with other Wikimedia projects, if there's any partnership
potential there.

I consider it my responsibility to try to establish working relationships.
I am not, however, interested in coordinating enforcement of the FDL
(yuck). I will work on the basis of Wikipedia:Copyrights in negotiating
terms.

As soon as we have some results, I will establish a special page on
Wikipedia to describe these efforts.

Regards,

Erik