[Wikipedia-l] image copyright

Andre Engels engelsAG at t-online.de
Tue Feb 17 00:22:20 UTC 2004

"Magnus Manske" <magnus.manske at web.de> schrieb:

> Once upon a time ;-) I implemented a checkbox system where the uploading
> party has to choose "GFDL/PD/fair use/something else" upon upload. Would
> be nice to automatically categorize images, or at least assign blame to
> a specific user ;-)

Good idea. I would like to get another field 'author' - that's the
second thing I think we should have, every image should have its copyright
status AND the name of the person or institute that either holds the
copyright or would hold it if the material was not in the PD.

It's obligatory on GNU/FDL, it gives a 'fair use' defense more chance, it
is required by many who otherwise allow usage, and is at least common
courtesy in other cases.

Andre Engels