[Wikipedia-l] Webs of trust are a better idea (was: trust metrics)

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 16 22:59:29 UTC 2004

Jimbo wrote:
>So, hmm, why did I want to do it that way in the first place?
>Well, a "summed up" score could be really handy for certain
>types of decision making.  It could provide people with
>feedback on their overall behavior.

The 'web of trust' scheme that I proposed could be extended in the future to do
that (if a lot of users with high scores trust you and trust your judgment,
then you get a larger score). But we would first need to develop a way to
greatly reduce sock puppet-type abuse. In the meantime, it could be used to
help filter RC for those who set up their own webs of trust.

>I like your idea a lot.

Thanks!

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)