[Wikipedia-l] trust metrics

Till Westermayer till at tillwe.de
Sat Feb 14 17:11:32 UTC 2004

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . till we *) . . .

Hi,

two points regarding trust metrics.

First: I didn't understand *when* a person gives another person trust/
distrust. Should this be related to article edits? Should one person/
distrust give trust to another person only once (and can change from up
to neutral or down, if they want?). Or could one person give trust
multiple times to others? Each of these decisions will affect the
possibility to "game".

Second: Two possible ressource (but only in German): the German online
democracy simulation game www.dol2day.de uses a person-based trust/
distrust system, where between to dol2day members there can be the
relations A trusts B, A is neutral to B, A distrusts B (and vice versa,
of course). And then there is a minor thesis about trust and possible
computer implementations (for multi agent systems) I wrote in 2000.
[http://www.westermayer.de/till/uni/studienarbei_.pdf Trust in Bots].
This is in German, too, and I don't have the time to translate it, but
maybe it (or the resources listed in the end) is helpful for developing
a trust management system for wikipedia for some.

Regards,

Till
 __ .
 / / / /                            ... Till Westermayer - till we *)
. .
  . mailto:till at tillwe.de . www.westermayer.de/till/ . icq 320393072
  . Habsburgerstr. 82 . 79104 Freiburg . 0761 55697152 . 0160 96619179
  . . . . .