[Wikipedia-l] An idea. What do you think about this?

Andrew Smith wikipediablah at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 11 21:00:13 UTC 2004

Hi Talthen,

Another problem you may have is the ability of people to be able to tell
your program exactly what their prose actually means. At least here in the
UK, grammar is barely taught in schools anymore so relying on British people
to be able to codify their writing correctly might not be possible. For
example, I'd hazard a guess that a reasonable proportion of the population
wouldn't even be able to define what a pronoun is, let alone tell you
whether they were using the word 'me' as a direct or indirect pronoun (which
your program would need to know).

I'm not trying to discourage you, I'd love for this to be achieved, just
mentioning something else you might want to think about.

Andrew (Ams80)