[Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikisource

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Fri Feb 6 07:56:28 UTC 2004

Tim Starling wrote:

> Ray Saintonge wrote:
>
>> I have been asking for admin status at Wikisource for some time, and
>> have received no meaningful response - either positive or negative.
>> The sink there is getting full of dirty dishes, and nobody seems able
>> or willing to wash them.
>>
>> I would appreciate it if someone would act upon this.
>>
>> Ec
>
> Angela asked me yesterday to make ArnoLagrange, Samuel, Menchi and Yann
> sysops on Wikisource, which I did immediately. She also said:
>
> <Angela> Eclecticology also nominated himself, but it hasn't been
> seconded. And strangely no one seconded mav
>
> Are you telling me she was mistaken in her understanding of Wikisource
> sysopping policy? Should I make Ec and Mav sysops despite the lack of a
> seconder?

There never has been a policy on this, one way or the other, at
Wikisource.  Perhaps it's simply because the project is just too new.

Angela imported Wikipedia rules on the matter (and a number of others)
which she felt should also apply to Wikisource.  This became one of the
areas of contention which she and I have been having.  Such a rule(s)
may eventually be needed, but that has to come from the active
Wikisourcerers themselves.

Mav has been around this Wiki World a little longer than I, and has gone
to the expense of protecting the wikisource.org domain name.  His
willingness to be a Wikisource sysop should be all that is required there.

Ec