[Wikipedia-l] Re: why an average person would wish to ruin a good article?

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 1 01:34:50 UTC 2004

Timwi wrote:

> Fred Bauder wrote:
>
>> Areas which are especially subject to academic politics which eventually
>> skews the content of coursework.
>

> Ah, I see. Sounds like Maths and Computer Science aren't affected. :)
>
> Timwi

I hope you don't believe that too seriously, especially for computer
science. Just to cite one example, the computer science department at
the University of Washington (in Seattle, just across the lake from
Redmond) is located in the Paul G. Allen Center for Computer Science and
Engineering. Better yet, the law school is located in William H. Gates
Hall, though technically it's named for Bill's father, not Bill himself.
Does anyone seriously believe that the way computer science is taught
there is not influenced by Microsoft? (let alone how they teach
copyright law)

--Michael Snow