[Wikipedia-l] A new idea: a Wiki-based TV episode guide

James R. Johnson modean52 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 29 17:17:51 UTC 2004

Sounds cool to me.  I don't know how it would work within the Wikipedia, but
I know of at least one person who will rail you for proposing 'forks'
because 'forks' are bad.  But I think it would be a great way to increase
the range of knowledge of the Wikipedia, by having the TV Show guides, then
links to the wikipedia from within that guide to the stars, the show's
encyclopedic entries, directors, producers, guest stars, etc.
	As for regional differences, I'd say to keep it in the original
language's name, but translate it across wikis.  So that Star Trek, an
originally English show, has "Star Trek" as its English title, "Star Trek"
for German, and so on, but with a line saying "Original Title: Star Trek,"
or "Premiere Title: Star Trek" or "Erste Titel: Star Trek."  And as for
portions of the show in regions, simply say in the French, German, Japanese,
or whatever that "This show did not air on Japanese television due to
excessive violence." or something like that, but continue to have the
regional versions.

James