[Wikipedia-l] Re: What is the purpose of this mailing list ??

Pete/Pcb21 pete_pcb21_wpmail at pcbartlett.com
Wed Aug 25 16:10:21 UTC 2004

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales wrote:

> Just to clarify, I think that wikispecies is not overlapping with the
> encyclopedia in any significant way,

Looking through all the messages in this thread, I think you are very
much in the minority by saying that.

Other posters seem to have suggested that
a) there would be overlap, and it would be a good thing or
b) there would be overlap, and it would be a bad thing.

What makes you think there would not be an overlap?

> that it is not a fork, that it is
> a perfectly appropriate use of our resources, and that this discussion
> should end pretty soon.

Much of "this discussion" has been about how the two projects could
scratch each other's backs in the best way. Clearly that needs to be
ongoing.