[Wikipedia-l] Brazilian Portuguese

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sun Aug 22 01:28:51 UTC 2004

James R. Johnson wrote:
> I agree with Jimbo here.  Portuguese is one language,

Just to be clear, and I'm not disagreeing with James at all, I just
wanted to make clear that *I* have not said that "Portuguese is one
language".  I am not even remotely qualified to make a judgment about
that.

What I am qualified to do is to talk about the right kinds of reasons
we should use for deciding the matter, reasons that for example don't
include nationalism, and that do include trying to relax and get along
with people and try hard to learn about other people.

--Jimbo