[Wikipedia-l] Distributing fonts

Gerard.Meijssen gerardm at myrealbox.com
Fri Aug 13 14:19:29 UTC 2004

I have been amazed at the passions that were stirred up when I proposed that we distribute free fonts.

There have been two types of reaction: Point to a source that has a partial solution, sometimes for money and bickering about the level of handholding that a user may need.

As there is not one golden solution, it is not simple to say spend $$ and you are ready.

It can also become part of the installation of software that goes with a DVD for of-line use. When having enough fonts is needed for the best wikipedia experience, why wouldn't we give a helping hand to our current users and help them in this way ??

Thanks,
   Gerard