[Wikipedia-l] Re: Lb: Language Questions

Henry H. Tan-Tenn share2002nov at lomaji.com
Wed Aug 11 17:06:03 UTC 2004

Ewen Caroline wrote:

> I have a question: How do you get the whole Wiki interface in your language
> (so that it doesn't say "Main Page" but "Haaptsäit" for ex. in the menus) ?
> I translated the language.php from the french version because I thought this
> was it but apparently not. Can anyone help ? :)

Messages can be edited here:
http://lb.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Allmessages

But currently names of months, weeks and a few other strings will have
to wait for a new patch to go live.

Also see:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_localization

> Oh and we still need a Logo. It has been requested for quite some time now
> but no one seems to be working on it so far. How long does that usually
> take ?

I submitted one recently, too.  I think Nohat moved recently so he may
be busy tending his real life :) .