[Wikipedia-l] Extension syntax vote begins

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Tue Apr 6 03:18:04 UTC 2004

Tomasz-
> It's like voting on whether to use British or American spelling in
> Wikipedia, with majority of voters being native Chinese.

No. The issue here is fairly easy to understand. It's just that some
people - well, Eclecticology - got confused because they thought the vote
would be about the syntax for the extensions themselves.

Furthermore, my main goal here is to finally arrive at a decision. I don't
care if the [%$)=PAWER}?3]?3] syntax wins, then people have nobody to
blame but themselves. But the integration of things like Wikitex has been
held up because of this trivial matter. We can always change things later
if they turn out to be seriously screwed up. Or you can all just vote for
my proposal and get a nice, working, standard syntax ;-)

Regards,

Erik