[Wikipedia-l] Re: mirror sites?

Walter Vermeir walter at wikipedia.be
Fri Oct 31 21:00:22 UTC 2003

Chuck Smith wrote:

[cut]
> Wikipedia?  Basically, I want a place to go where I
> can read the Wikipedia when the server is
> sloooooooooooooooooooow.  If not, it might be a good
> idea to set one up.  Perhaps
> http://www.wikipedia-imitation.org/ ?  ;-)
>
> Thanks,
> Chuck

A official program to setup wikipedia mirrors would be nice. So that
anybody can setup a read-only mirror of a wikipedia and become a
official mirror when the follow some rules. The "edit this page" can
point to the root-wikipedia, the real wikipedia.

It can spread the traffic and the expense of it for Wikimedia. And be
faster also.

Walter