[Wikipedia-l] Mailing lists

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Oct 28 17:04:48 UTC 2003

Peter Gervai wrote:

>No, I cannot imagine any possible multilingual discussion. English is the
>common language here, I expect it to be used when global matters are
>discussed. Local messages to be directed to local lists. If someone's brave
>enough, s/he could translate/summarize back and forth...

If translations were to be a part of daily Wikipedian life then it would
still be useless to translate everything.  The thought of translating
into every other language the interminable debates about whether this
article is NPOV or that person should be banned is absolutely
mind-numbing.  How many Hungarians would care to read about that stuff
in their own language?

Ec