[Wikipedia-l] Re: Eric's abuse of his sysop powers

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Mon Oct 27 17:34:18 UTC 2003

Andre Engels wrote:
> What about the basic question of whether Wikipedia should be NPOV,

Yes, absolutely!  This is foundational, non-negotiable, one of my very
few stipulations that rises to the level of Policy with a capital 'P'.

> and how we do that?

The wiki process!  Editing, re-editing, striving to accomodate others,
loving care for the facts, respect for others, editing some more,
re-editing some more, arguing, talking on the talk page, complaining
on the mailing list about article contents, etc.

> Maybe we should finally stop circumventing that question and
> actually discuss it. Would be useful, I'd say.

I would say that's about the only thing that we discuss all the time.
:-)

--Jimbo