[Wikipedia-l] Re: MT and pro-Catholic bias

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Wed Oct 22 03:38:18 UTC 2003

[This is being posted to the mailing list only once!  Wow!!!]

Erik Moeller wrote:

>Gareth Owen wrote:

>>Really?  If I had verifiable facts (from a published Diary, say) that Tony
>>Benn had toast and marmalade for breakfast on the 3rd of March, 1967, and
>>added it to the article, that would be OK and -- how wiki is this --
>>*irremovable*.

>That depends on whether the fact that he had toast and marmelade on that
>particular date is out of the ordinary. Compare previous discussions about
>verifiability, expandability, relevance. Whether an NPOV'd diary of Tony
>Benn with no selective omissions might find its way into Wikipedia is an
>interesting question of its own.

Actually, if Gareth wants to write [[List of meals eaten by Tony Bennett]],
using Bennett's diary as a primary source, then that's just fine with me.
I won't waste my time to work on it, but neither would I try to delete it.
The datum probably shouldn't be on the main [[Tony Bennett]] page,
but if the list were really short, then it might fit in there still.

-- Toby