[Wikipedia-l] Re: MT and pro-Catholic bias

Stevertigo utilitymuffinresearch2 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 22 00:22:39 UTC 2003

--- James Duffy <jtdire at hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Mother Teresa with [Charles Keating]]
> later convicted of fraud in the United States."
> That is all the caption needs to say. The full story
> is a couple of inches
> away in the text.

Ok. Agreed.  I also dont like the fact that there are
three huge photos showing her in a negative context.
They are not there --well out of proportion with the
positive aspects --in the spirit of NPOV.

> When someone is beatified, wikipedia articles start
> with the beatification
> name, eg, 'Blessed John XXIII'. The same policy is
> applied to those
> possessing honorifics, Sir/Dame, etc. But the
> article title does not use
> them. As MT is now 'Blessed Teresa', that is how she

Yes, but the beatification title is a
religion-specific title. Im not sure its NPOV to use
such a title -- would you suggest that the "Blessed
.... " be used for the article title?  I wonder.

Do we say His Grace or The Venerable ...or what have
you?

~S~
What do you call a "saint" who's not exactly saintly?