[Wikipedia-l] Re: MT and pro-Catholic bias

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Tue Oct 21 19:36:05 UTC 2003

Gareth-
> Really?  If I had verifiable facts (from a published Diary, say) that Tony
> Benn had toast and marmalade for breakfast on the 3rd of March, 1967, and
> added it to the article, that would be OK and -- how wiki is this --
> *irremovable*.

That depends on whether the fact that he had toast and marmelade on that
particular date is out of the ordinary. Compare previous discussions about
verifiability, expandability, relevance. Whether an NPOV'd diary of Tony
Benn with no selective omissions might find its way into Wikipedia is an
interesting question of its own.

> At the third reiteration, the information ceases to be useful, or
> interesting. How many times do you wish to cite sources stating that the
> Missionaries Of Charity took in a lot of money and were pretty shifty about
> where it went?

Redundancy is obviously unnecessary, however, if separate incidents are
described, that is not redundancy but strengthening of the case, as any
lawyer knows.

> The section "Improper and undisclosed use of funds" could be precis'd into
> about 6 sentences and no useful information would be lost.

Go ahead and give it a try. I will be happy to correct you if you are
wrong.

> What rubbish.
> As a bonus, neither section would then read like it was written by an 3rd
> grader with attention-deficit disorder.

I note with some interest that you are quickly adopting Jtdirl's style of
argument.

Regards,

Erik