[Wikipedia-l] Re: MT and pro-Catholic bias

Gareth Owen wiki at gwowen.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 18:48:31 UTC 2003

erik_moeller at gmx.de (Erik Moeller) writes:

Well, we're all anti-semites, don't you know...

> All I want is for MT to be treated like any other person on Wikipedia. It is
> not our duty, moral or otherwise, to uphold any kind of fiction to avoid
> disturbing our readers.

I've no interest whatsoever in maintaining a Holy Aura around anyone, but I
don't think the MT article, as it stands, does treat MT like anyone else.
I also think, as it stands, it's a very, very poorly written article.

Essentially, an enormous amount (the vast majority of the article) is highly
critical, based on the criticisms of three people: Hitchens, Shields and
Chatterjee and a great deal of guilt-by-association (rather honestly
so-titled).

I believe the length of discussion -- particularly the extensive passages of
quotation is unecessary.  A considerably shorter precis of the criticisms
could easily be provided, along with pointers to the source article.

Certainly, the alleged abuses of the movement *must* be mentioned, and given
some space, but there is really no need to bang on about it at such
extraordinary and tedious length.
--
Gareth Owen
"It's not a human or civic right to edit wikipedia."