[Wikipedia-l] Wikimedia, MediaWiki logos uploaded

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 20 07:47:56 UTC 2003

SV wrote:
>Speaking of media --  we *need* a news wiki.  No joke.

Already a very active one at [[Current events]]. Which, BTW, helps keep the
/encyclopedia/ up-to-date. Wikipedia would be harmed by diverting that effort
into a different project - it is simply way too similar to just updating the
encyclopedia to reflect current events.

Besides, there is already Indymedia.

Oh and I like the Wikimedia logo /exactly/ the way it is. The only thing I
would change on the MediaWiki logo is to obtain a photo of a more perfect and
healthy flower (unless that is supposed to be somehow symbolic ;).

The PM logo was a wonderful concept but PM's specific implementation of that
idea was a monster that needed refinement. The runners up did not need such
refinement (as always, IMO).

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)