[Wikipedia-l] Wikimedia, MediaWiki logos uploaded

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 16 09:43:52 UTC 2003

Erik wrote:
>Wikimedia (our umbrella organization) and MediaWiki
>(our software) now have official logos, namely the
>second and third place submissions from our contest.
>I have used the second place design by User:Neolux
>as the more important Wikimedia logo. I think it looks
>very nice on the Wikimedia Foundation page, please
>do take a look:
>
>http://wikimediafoundation.org/

Yes! That looks very nice. However please remove "Home" from the sidebar; the
logo makes it redundant since it links to the home page.

It also seems very reasonable that the second and third place logos get these
"consolation prizes." This way many more people see their favorite logo used
somewhere important.

>My sunflower logo, which came in third place, seems
>well suited for the software. The square brackets give
>it a technical look, which may be inappropriate elsewhere,
>but is a nice reference here. I've also added a little slogan
>to the logo. You can see it here:
>
>http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/

Nice!

>(We may want to move the project to mediawiki.sourceforge.net,
>but that's not a priority.)

Longer term; perhaps to mediawiki.org?

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)