[Wikipedia-l] Wikimedia, MediaWiki logos uploaded

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Thu Oct 16 02:29:03 UTC 2003

Wikimedia (our umbrella organization) and MediaWiki (our software) now
have official logos, namely the second and third place submissions from
our contest. I have used the second place design by User:Neolux as the
more important Wikimedia logo. I think it looks very nice on the Wikimedia
Foundation page, please do take a look:

http://wikimediafoundation.org/

My sunflower logo, which came in third place, seems well suited for the
software. The square brackets give it a technical look, which may be
inappropriate elsewhere, but is a nice reference here. I've also added a
little slogan to the logo. You can see it here:

http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/

(We may want to move the project to mediawiki.sourceforge.net, but that's
not a priority.)

I for one am happy with the logo situation now. I think our projects
altogether have a far more professional look than when we started.

All best,

Erik