[Wikipedia-l] Re: Paid adminstrator (Money.. Mark)

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 13 06:29:39 UTC 2003

Tim wrote:
>Perhaps our money would be better spent on
>increasing the size of the development team,
>rather than paying hard-core wikipediholics
>like myself for work that we would have done
>anyway.

Hear, hear! I'd love to get paid to work on Wikipedia full time but in terms
of priorities, tripling my weekly Wikipedia time would do less for the
project than hiring somebody to improve the parts of MediaWiki that our
volunteer development team doesn't have the time, skill or want to fix.
Second in lines of priority, IMO, would be to kick-start small Wikipedias.

In short: hire people to do stuff that would probably not get done by
volunteers for a long time, if at all, and keep the fun, more intrinsically
rewarding, stuff for the volunteers.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)