[Wikipedia-l] Re: Starting Tamil WikiPedia

Walter Vermeir walter at wikipedia.be
Fri Oct 10 21:06:46 UTC 2003

Amala Singh wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to start Tamil Wikipedia. But I have no
> I idea to whom to contact and how to go ahead with
> this.
>
> Can anybody help me regarding this?
>
> Amala Singh.

I think you best put it on the "To do" list of Brion.

http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Brion_VIBBER/Todo_list

About this language;
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamil_language

It looks like you needs special encoding for this language;
http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/plc/tamilweb/tamilenglish.html

Whit Shift_JIS it works. Japanese language support.

You start working on the translation of the language file while you are
waiting.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/wikipedia/phase3/languages/

--
Contact: walter AT wikipedia.be
Ook een artikeltje schrijven? WikipediaNL, de vrije GNU/FDL encyclopedie