[Wikipedia-l] Please change the embarrassing donations message

James Duffy jtdire at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 8 18:29:05 UTC 2003

>JT wrote:
> >Wiki's phenomenal growth requires constant upgrading
> >of technology to give you the best service possible. Giving
> >that service requires funding. You now can donate money to
> >help your wikipedia remain the fastest growing encyclopædia
> >on the internet. For more information, see [[Wikipedia donations]].
>
>For God's sake James, that is WAY too long and your use of "Wiki" is like a
>bad piece of bad chalk on the blackboard. It is either Wikipedia or
>Wikimedia. There are more than one wiki if you haven't noticed yet.

Mav, I wasn't proposing a wording, When designing a soundbite, the first
thing you do is define the core message. When you know /what/ you want to
say then you tighten it to /say/ what you want to say. All I was doing was
giving what I believe is the core message. Once we agree on what we want to
say, we can work out how to say it. I made it clear in the message that I
was not /proposing/ a text. Please re-read what I wrote and stop
mis-interpreting it.

JT