[Wikipedia-l] What if?

Gutza gutza at moongate.ro
Tue Oct 7 13:30:08 UTC 2003

Brion Vibber wrote:

>On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 07:01, Björn Lindqvist wrote:
>

>>Now that WP is once again down (which is bad cause I was in an editing
>>mode) I'm getting a little worried about one thing. What if Bomis gets
>>infected by an evil virus or there is a major power outage or one of the
>>admins fuck up majorly or if the cia confiscates the servers or if there
>>is a terrorist attack or if some other really bad thing happen. What
>>will happen to my and thousands of other WP editors contributions?
>>

>http://downloads.wikipedia.org/

Here's what I get at http://downloads.wikipedia.org/:

If you've gotten here, you're either having DNS trouble or you've
followed some sort of invalid link.

Please see wikimedia.org for links to Wikipedia and other Wikimedia
projects.

Note that the address for www.wikipedia.org should be 130.94.122.*199*.
This server is 130.94.122.*197*. If you thought you were coming to
www.wikipedia.org, you're in the wrong place!

Is it my DNS (well, it's not *my* DNS, you get the idea), or is it some
misconfiguration on the server?

Gutza