[Wikitech-l] Re: [Wikipedia-l] Donation header

Alex R. alex756 at nyc.rr.com
Tue Oct 7 03:23:27 UTC 2003

From: "Jimmy Wales" <jwales at bomis.com>

> Delirium wrote:
> > Even without legal issues, I think it'd be better taken off the
> > printable version; when someone prints it from the "printable version",
> > it's usually because they want a semi-nice copy comparable to a
> > standard encyclopedia article, without the ancillary webpage stuff, and
> > "please donate" or even "we're upgrading our servers" doesn't really
> > fit in that context.
>
> That makes a lot of sense.  I'm cc'ing this to wikitech-l.

Shouldn't the printable version also have a URL to the GFDL rather than
a wikilink? Also shouldn't there be a page history link as well (once
again to the URL)? Whouldn't this be more in compliance with the
terms of the GFDL which require that the GFDL go with the copyrighted
material and at least the five most significant authors being acknowledged?

Alex756