[Wikipedia-l] Logo ratification and variants

Richard Grevers lists at dramatic.co.nz
Wed Oct 1 21:24:11 UTC 2003

On 01 Oct 2003 22:54:00 +0200, Erik Moeller <erik_moeller at gmx.de> gave
utterance to the following:

> http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_logo_variants
>
> I believe Nohat's variants are especially noteworthy. However, these are
> not the logos people have voted for and it is doubtful that consensus can
> be reached to use one of them instead of the current one. I will be happy
> to be proven wrong here and encourage informal opinion polls in the next
> weeks to figure out how people feel about these logos.

I think that combining Nohat's first variant with one glyph per piece and
Stevertigo's yellow-oriented colour scheme would actually look quite
acceptable (negative imagery of the jigsaw concept notwithstanding)
I'd love to see the home page in that more professional lookign colour
scheme, and not so much like a baby nursery.
--
Richard Grevers
Between two evils always pick the one you haven't tried