[Wikipedia-l] Project Sourceberg

Jens Frank JeLuF at gmx.de
Mon Nov 24 09:36:05 UTC 2003

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 01:09:17AM -0800, Ray wrote:
> Brion Vibber wrote:

> >so people will stop dumping stuff in ps.wikipedia.org, which is
> >supposed to be for the Pashto-language Wikipedia.
> >
> >http://sources.wikipedia.org/ now contains a basic wiki for dumping
> >source documents into. Final domain name, title, logo, and magic
> >sources-specific special features (like annotations) are a matter for
> >the future.
>
> Good!
>
> It didn't take long for people to start screwing it up though.  My
> understanding of the project is that it was for '''original sources'''.
> Already somebody has moved in a number of lists that properly belong on
> Wikipedia, an undocumented piece of quasi-Latin, and a purported
> questionnaire from Marcel Proust of uncertain copyright status.

All the articles that are currently in Project Sourceberg are copied
from the ps.wikipedia, that has been hijacked to serve as Project
Sourceberg wiki until Brion has set up the new wiki.

The lists were deleted from wikipedia after a very long discussion,
because they do not belong to wikipedia. (It's the "pi to a 1000
places" kinds of lists). If they wouldn't be at Sourceberg, they
would already be gone.

Regards,

JeLuF