[Wikipedia-l] Blocage

Andre Engels engels at uni-koblenz.de
Mon Nov 10 08:19:47 UTC 2003

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Anthere wrote:

> The problem with the current rollback is that it just
> revert to the previous edit. We would rather to revert
> to the previous edit before the user.

As far as I know, that is what rollback does - reverting to the
last edit of another user than the current one.

> However, one disagreement with loggued in people is
> that they can move pages. While anyone can revert
> edits made by a vandal, only sysops can fix a move
> back. That would be the only superior reason to block
> a user than I can see.

No, when a page is moved, the original title will become a
redirect without history, so any registered user can move it
back. Problems only arise when a page has been moved more than
once (in that case one will have to undo all moves in reverse
order rather than doing it at once), or when the redirecting
page has been edited (in that case one does indeed need sysop
powers to first delete the redirecting page).

Andre Engels