[Wikipedia-l] www.wikipedia.de points to domain seller

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 05:39:35 UTC 2003

Brion wrote:
>Various people are under the impression that Jimbo owned it,
>which is  supported by a perusal of the list archives:
>
>http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/intlwiki-l/2002-June/000465.html

Well that changes everything (I missed that email). I don't agree with his
decision but what is done is done. Precedent has been set and now we will
have to pony up the money to reactivate wikipedia.de and also start to buy up
other country code wikipedia domains as well (prioritizing based on use/size
of the particular language versions).

Sigh. IMO that would be money better spent on hardware.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)