[Wikipedia-l] Re: Banned user protection on the Meta?

Andrew Alder andrewa at alder.ws
Mon Nov 3 06:54:32 UTC 2003

G'day

This message doesn't seem to have been saved on the archive properly, see

http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2003-November/012902.html

It did go out to those subscribed to the full list (at least I got my copy)
but I don't know whether it was in the digest.

So I'm trying again. Apologies to those who now have two copies (assuming
it works this time).

Andrew A

>Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 05:10:42 +1100
>To: wikipedia-l at Wikimedia.org
>From: Andrew Alder <andrewa at alder.ws>
>Subject: Banned user protection on the Meta?
>

>It appears that a hard-banned user from the English Wikipedia is now
>active on the Meta, see
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump#Contributions_by_142.177.xxx.xxx
>
>and
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump#Any_banned_user_protection_for_Meta?
>
>(sorry I can't make the second link work properly, Eudora doesn't want to
>include the '?' in the link).
>
>Any advice as to how to handle the Meta contributions would be
>appreciated. As I said in the Village Pump, there are some good points
>being made, just in the wrong place IMO. They are provocative and
>interesting, but IMO some of them don't belong in Wikipedia at all (even
>the Meta), and there's considerable risk of myself and others wasting time
>if we're not careful.
>
>This is my first post to any Wikipedia mailing list. It was suggested on
>the Pump that it should be raised on the English Wikipedia list, but it
>seems to me to better fit the guidelines for this one.
>
>Andrew Alder
>Wikipedian andrewa

****
andrewa @ alder . ws