[Wikipedia-l] Disambiguation detector

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Thu May 29 09:26:30 UTC 2003

Axel Boldt wrote:

>If we adopt Magnus' feature (which I would support), then it should not
>become a user option. The whole point of the feature is to do away with
>hand-written disambiguation blocks, but that is only possible if
>everyone uses it.

I think that we can do this in such a way
as to eliminate human-written disambiguation *blocks*
but to retain of human-written disambiguation *pages*.
Indeed, we may have to write a few more of the latter,
since some disambiguation now is done *only* by blocks --
so we may get more human-written content in the end.

-- Toby