[Wikipedia-l] Article count: Vote result

Stevertigo stevertigo at attbi.com
Tue Mar 18 20:09:35 UTC 2003

> >   Secrecy is necessary for real world votes, but here we can afford some
> > openness. It's the wiki way.
> >
> Yeah, but voting *isn't* the wiki way.

I agree that the openness is doable... just disagree with the method...
anyone could have set up a form and a server script to compile the results,
and published those results daily so that we could see the innards... I find
arguments against increasing efficiency, without corrupting collegiality, as
counterproductive... and certainly will bite WP in the ass if this
philosophy carries over into streamlining heavy bandwidth/editing issues, if
this project ever *really takes off... ;) -SV