[Wikipedia-l] Re: New bug concerning lists

Lee Daniel Crocker lee at piclab.com
Mon Mar 17 10:09:58 UTC 2003

> That would be too bad.
> But you're probably not going to get far calling it an "error",
> when people worked hard on the programming
> to get it to specifically do just what it does.

Actually, I wrote that code, and I think it would be better to
do it his way.  The only reason I didn't is that Usemod didn't,
and there's a lot of existing text that depends on the old
behavior.  But I agree that the old behavior is bad: line ends
should not be significant in wiki text, ever.  As it is, they
are not significant in ordinary paragraphs, but they are
significant within lists.  That's inconsistent and confusing.

--
Lee Daniel Crocker <lee at piclab.com> <http://www.piclab.com/lee/>
"All inventions or works of authorship original to me, herein and past,