[Wikipedia-l] Voting on count has started

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Mar 13 22:03:09 UTC 2003

Erik Moeller wrote:

>Hi,
>
>you can now vote on the new article count method to be used. Just add your
>nick (~~~) next to the option(s) you want to vote for/against as explained
>on the page. Please remember to log in on Meta first.
>
>http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_count_reform

I just did my duty, fearing all along that I would get an edit conflict
that would require me to start all over.  I have a couple observations.
 23 separate votes were needed.  The statistics questions were really a
completely different topic and would probably done as well on a separate
page.

In some of the questions there was considerable discussion between the
statement of the question and the voting area.  It would be helpful to
have the balloting come right after the question to make clear just what
we are voting on - or perhaps have a ballot sub-page where no discussion
would be allowed at all

Eclecticology