[Wikipedia-l] Bias / Arab Israeli editing conf...

Stevertigo stevertigo at attbi.com
Thu Mar 13 02:17:47 UTC 2003

>Tomos: I offer some reasons to think twice before you act on. But I do
> not mean to be highly critical of your idea.

SV- How about one very long thought? And I never made any generalizations
about extremist behaviour on the WP. Just a bias... like a car with bad
alignment, that you have to compensate for a pull in a lateral direction.

> Some would say "Wikipedia is not" a place to discuss politics.

Let them speak all the baseless nonsense they want; politics is inherent to
nearly every endeavor involving 2 or more people.   Where do you stand
Tomos? Avoid flame wars? I wonder how this is possibly done, and by what
species on Earth this is done by?  Its nobodys job to not offend
nyone....  -(read that again.)  Its our job to engage in building articles
up which represent the truth, and not just a part of it.. I think this also
carries over into how these articles are organized... and how balanced
overall their representation of material there is.

Im curious - you included a link to a Lir issue... *perhaps* suggesting an
outcome for those who "cant get along". This smells either like a threat, or
a misconception about where these issues are bound to lead, and how they are
bound to be resolved. Thats a lot of *prophesy for a seemingly benign link
on a mailing list. -SV