[Wikipedia-l] Re: Edit page Size warning

Karl Eichwalder ke at gnu.franken.de
Fri Mar 7 06:44:43 UTC 2003

"fdafd" <stevertigo at attibi.com> writes:

> MAV::"Ideal length" would ''not'' be in the 30 - 50 KB range. Anything above
> 20KB of readable text tries the patience of readers and anything above 28KB
> has technical limitations for users on slow computers and/or use certain
> browsers. --[[User:Maveric149|mav]] 00:32 Mar 7, 2003 (UTC)

As long as we are speaking about plain text a length of 30-50 KB is
perfectly okay; if download is slow one can start reading at the
beginning of the article while the rest will follow.  Adding pictures
might be a problem; but if your link is limited, you can always disable
image downloading.

--
ke at suse.de (work) / keichwa at gmx.net (home):              |
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |      ,__o