[Wikipedia-l] What is 142's "legal" situation?

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Wed Mar 5 02:43:10 UTC 2003

Is 142 (that is, the person that's been posting from
several 142.177.xxx.xxx addresses lately) banned?
If so, from which wikis?

The ideas that make me ask:
* 142 is suspected (strongly) of being 24.  But 24 was unbanned.
Also, is the evidence of their identity conclusive (say to Jimbo)?
* When Lir was banned from [[en:]], Jimbo explicitly said
that she wasn't banned from [[m:]] (and thus might play chess there).

I'm asking for facts, not for a discussion about 142
(although I'm sure that other people will take the opportunity).
What I very specifically want to know is whether 142 is banned from [[m:]].

-- Toby