[Wikipedia-l] Please use <!--HTML comments-->

Tom Parmenter tompar at world.std.com
Sat Mar 1 04:16:54 UTC 2003

Tables are death to a living article.  Except for standardized tables
for a few routine situations, lists of the state bird, flower, motto,
the taxoboxes for animals, etc., I believe tables should be assiduosly
avoided.  The more coding there is in an article, the less chance that
people will edit it.  I usually don't bother with any article that has
a table in it on the theory that I can accomplish more elsewhere where
there are none, which is identical to my policy on trolls and edit
wars.

Tom P.