[Wikipedia-l] Re: logo

Anthere anthere6 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 28 13:58:16 UTC 2003

Erik Moeller wrote:

>The first voting stage for the new Wikipedia logo has
begun:

>http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_logo_vote
>
>has begun. Please add your signature under up to 10
logos. The 10
logos
>with the highest number of votes will then enter the
final voting
stage.
>The deadline for the first stage is September 5,
20:00 UTC.

>With over 130 logos and many variants we have lots of
excellent
candidates
>to choose from. Thanks to everyone who contributed!

Tarquin noted

please could you enforce a byte limit for the images
displayed on the
list pages.
Some are STUPIDLY large, eg that one featuring some
sort of rodent
which
I removed.

with a modem it takes about 5 minutes for them all to
load.
people should upload a smaller version ( < 30 k ?) or
be disqualified

Anthere add...

besides, a logo is not only to print on a tee shirt,
but also to put as a logo on the web site. As such, it
has to be readable and pretty at big size as well as
at small size (around 150 pt). The rodent's very nice
but it might be important to see it at small size as
well.

Erik, I find 7 days to be a very short time (again,
not to insist too much, but school has not restarted
yet, many people are still on holidays, sorry Mav
:-)). Is there a special reason you chose such a short
time ?

Anthere