[Wikipedia-l] Re: paypal

Gustav Foseid gustavf at pvv.ntnu.no
Tue Aug 26 07:06:02 UTC 2003

Michael Becker <"User:Mbecker"@jumpingjackweb.com> writes:

> Is paypal charging for transactions, or is it free since wikimedia is a
> non-profit?  If they are taking a cut of donations, I would like to
> suggest we use another service which is made specifically for
> non-profits that doesn't take a cut of donations, and is free of charge.

The credit card company takes a cut of _all_ credit card transactions.
I don't know exactly how much PayPal takes, but I have understood
things right it is about 2-3%. You are probably not going to find a
very much cheaper way to charge a credit card.

If you live in the US and want to give a considerable amount you
probably want to send a check.

--
Gustav Foseid