[Wikipedia-l] Re: paypal - free money transfer in EU

Joachim Kerschbaumer email at joachim.net
Fri Aug 22 22:59:28 UTC 2003

Delirium wrote:

> Out of curiosity, does this apply across the entire EU, or only within
> the euro-zone?  For example, could you send money DE->UK (or vice versa)
> for free?

My bank wrote to me:
Give the one who wants to send you money:
# your IBAN (International Bank Account Number)
# Your BIC(SWIFT-Code) (Bank Identifier Code)
"For payments in other european states please ask for IBAN and BIC of the
receiver"

...I think, I found the line you where asking for:
"Alle EU-Überweisungen sind entgeltfrei"
in english: "All EU-transfers are free" (if you don't transfer more then
12.500 Euro ;-)

It is the "EU-Verordnung 2560/2001"

Hope this helps,
Joachim (aka Fantasy :-)