[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia v. Britannica

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Aug 19 18:00:51 UTC 2003

Michael Becker wrote:

>How about we call it "Wikipedia:  The People's Encyclopedia".  Or "Human
>Knowledge 200*?"  Then on the inside cover with all the copyright info,
>we put the revision number, and the year that revision was made?

IMHO it's a little early to be concerned about the title.  I can accept
"1.0" as a working title so that we can refer to it as something.
 Nobody has seriously suggested that it would be less than a year before
we could get it all together anyway.  That's a lot of time for ideas to
work their way through.

A lot of great books never had anything more written in them past the
title. :-)

Ec