[Wikipedia-l] Logo submission deadline: August 20

Alex R. alex756 at nyc.rr.com
Tue Aug 19 14:10:04 UTC 2003

Absolutely necessary, would not want the creator to use
the logo on some other project (which according to the general
approach here would be acceptable), though once it is used
by Wikipedia then trademark rights begin to attach. Federal
trademark registration should be sought ASAP once the
winner is picked (perhaps even before any public announcements)
and the TM (or SM) sign be attached pending registration
(you can use the R in a circle ONLY after registration is completed).
Alex756
 "Jimmy Wales" <jwales at bomis.com> said on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 8:34 AM