[Wikipedia-l] Cooperating with IMDB, FreeDB etc.

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Tue Aug 5 17:53:37 UTC 2003

Till Westermayer wrote:
> but wouldn't the inclusion of our copylefted material because of the
> meme-viral character of that material make IMDB and others going GNU?

Not if they are careful.  There's nothing wrong with including both
copylefted and proprietary material in a single aggregate publication.
For example, a book might include 7 ordinary-copyright essays, and 1
GNU FDL essay, and that'd be no problem.

Similarly, a website might contain some GNU FDL content and some other
content, no problem.

--Jimbo