[Wikipedia-l] 300,000 is a much better milestone (was: Preparing for 150,000 articles)

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 4 18:51:44 UTC 2003

tarquin wrote:
>But one of the things we need to do is make
>
>www.wikipedia.org
>
>lead to a multilingual portal and not the homepage of the english branch.

Given the project-wide nature of the 300,000 article announcement I think that
this very issue should finally be addressed. We don't need anything real
fancy, just the already developed idea here
http://mitglied.lycos.de/manske/wiki/test.php (without the intro text; its
simply too long). Somebody will have to figure out how to fetch each wiki's
{{NUMBEROFARTICLES}} output to make this work though. We can add more
features as time goes by.

We can switch the logo and move en.wiki at the same time.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)