[Wikipedia-l] 300,000 is a much better milestone (was: Preparing for 150,000 articles)

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 3 22:38:45 UTC 2003

tarquin wrote:
>Well, actually, I think having a metawiki *just*
>for the encyclopedia project is perhaps better

Can you back that up with some reasoning to counter my reasoning why we should
all work together in one place? En.wiki does just fine as an uber
encyclopedia of encyclopedias with thousands of edits a day - why can't we
have a metawiki for planning /all/ Wikimedia functions?

Having separate metawikis for every Wikimedia projects is a mistake - there
simply will not be enough activity on any one to create a viable community.
Simply have different Main Pages for every project and project language
version. Each project and project version could also have its own RC if it
wanted; simply have every page relating to that project or project version
listed on one page and use the "Related changes" function. Or better yet use
category tags as a basis for RC sorting.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)